Took A Ride on the Pasig Ferry

I got on board the Pasig Ferry today. Our school is planning to have a fieldtrip for Transportation Day. Since there is a ferry station very near our school, we might try taking the kids for a ride.

The walk from our school to the station was exciting enough. I've never been to that area before. When we got there, I was surprised at how clean and modern the facilities were. The staff were friendly, too. They even encouraged us to take photos outside at the dock.

We came in early for the next trip so we had to wait for a while. It didn't take long when one of the staff announced, "Sir, Ma'am, pwede na po kayong bumaba." It meant we can go down to the boarding dock already. I couldn't help but say, "Yiiiiiiiiiiheeeeeeeee!"

The boat ride to the next station took less than 20 minutes. We were expecting it to be rough since it was a very windy day. Reassuringly, it went very smoothly. The view really did keep me entertained. Normally, I would be on the road, looking down at the flowing river. Seeing the familiar roads from another point of view was definitely a treat. I was also delighted at seeing mini-boats docking here and there, with passengers getting on and off. Pasig River is an actual thoroughfare. Cool! When we reached our stop, I didn't want to get down yet. Oh, I wanted to see more. There will surely be a next time.
Reality. Check.

We took a jeepney then a tricycle on the way back to school. I haven't taken public transportation in ages. I simply loved it! During the jeepney ride, two women and a child got on. They realized they had no loose change, and the driver had no change for their P500. They were volunteering to get off when a man, a stranger, offered to break down their cash. Wow! I've forgotten how much can be experienced from daily commutes. I didn't realize I'm missing out on all that.

1 comment:

Hi! Please share your thoughts to add to my records.